Here’s a sampling of what I wore this past week. It was difficult arriving back from an amazing trip where we went home for the holidays. Arriving late on Sunday night made getting up for work on Monday a bit difficult. I declared Monday a jeans day for myself. By the end of the week I stepped it up a notch. I feel very lucky that I have a pretty relaxed dress code at work receiving a lot of freedom in my sartorial ways. During the trip away, I managed to get some shopping in Stateside. Oh what fun! Especially after the holidays when the sales are rampant. Wow! I’m not shopping until after Christmas next year–if I can hold tight.
*You may have noticed a difference in the image up above. Santa delivered a Wacom tablet so I’m giving it a stab. I still have a ton to learn and much to get better at, yet I do love being able to write on an image though. It’s pretty nifty. All the images are from @krembdelakremb. Follow me and my style shenanigans on Instagram!
Back-to-Work Style Notes:
This is what I recommend from this week’s back-to-work Monday through Friday outfits:
- After pining away for my sister’s Madewell Flea Market Flares that she let me borrow this summer, I decided to take the plunge and finally get a pair myself. It had been sooooo long since I invested in blue jeans. (Like 2009!) Lucky for me this pair was on super sale plus I was able to get a pair of black high waisted skinnies. I tell you what ladies: try out the high-waisted jeans. They feel so great over my ponchy pooch!
- The thing I love about the co-ord trend is that out of this one outfit, I now have a top and bottom to mix and match. This is the co-ord I wore to the first day of school. I like how it comes across as a dress rather than separates. I’ve taken down my shopping guides and added the co-ord shop back to my shopping section on Kremb de la Kremb.
- Zara is also having a major sale! I did really well there because I also was benefitting from the Canadian dollar. These navy blue suede culottes were a no brainer. I was also able to score the black velvet suit I had been coveting all fall long at a fraction of the price. It will be my go-to holiday outfit next year. I highly recommend stopping into the nearest Zara near you!
- Anything from Banana Republic that is on sale can also have another %40 taken off with the code “BR40.” Here’s my exact blush sweater that I scored for US$16! (It comes in 12 colors, so there’s gotta be a color for you there!)
- Except for special events, I am still preferring to wear a flat heal for work. My New Balance tennis shoes have been pillows on my feet, yet I’ve been wanting to mix it up a little. These new brogues with tassels were a stupendous find (again, at Zara). I can tell they will be on high rotation.
- On a final note, I recommend you splurge (or find the perfect one on sale–don’t worry, I’ll help you!) on some faux fur! I big puffy black coat–like I wore on Tuesday, is so very cozy and suits just about every outfit. I’ve found some plain black versions for you at various price points from ASOS–the offer free shipping world wide! Trust me. You’ll love it. You can thank me later….
Shopping Day Dreamer
- So, I do not own these, but I just wanted to include one of the items I am coveting from the after the holidays sales at J.Crew. They are still a fortune–even on sale, but maybe they’ll come down a bit more. I find these gold sequin culottes beyond fabulous. In the window at our Hong Kong branch they’re paired casually with a pair of neon New Balance. I was smitten!!
- Another item that I kept going back to time and time again was this pair of Free People sock boots. (A sock boot is when the calf shaft is tighter around the ankle and goes up a little further than an ankle bootie. You can expect to see more of them.) They’re the deepest shade of navy, so they’d almost pass as black. They’re the perfect sock boot fit, and amazingly, they didn’t feel to high in even though there’s about a three inch heel there. I really can’t stop thinking of them. My birthday is in February–hint, hint to a possible gentleman reader.
Unlike my six style promises of 2016, I can’t make any promises in terms of my style stories’ link up, but it’s back this week. I will try my best to resurrect this link up!
Share any of your style stories. I want to see what you’ve been up to!