1. It’s true: 42 years ago today I was born! This is also what happened on February 21st, 1972.
2. I’m the oldest of five siblings: me, then Julie, Adrian, Mary, then Nicholas.
8. In college I was in a sorority, Delta Gamma.
9. I’m a perfect European size 37 in shoes–for some reason 6 1/2 often seems too tight, and a 7 is usually too big. (In fact these new shoes in size 6 1/2 are kind of hurting me. I hope they stretch out!)
10. Except for a volunteer year in New Mexico, I’ve never taught as a certified teacher in the States.
11. I can speak Spanish. One time in my Miami, I received one of the best compliments of my life: a lady thought I was from Argentina!
13. The longest place I’ve lived, aside from my parent’s home as a kid, is Mumbai, India.
14. My grade school was All Saints Catholic School, I went to Gonzaga Prep High School, University of Washington is where I graduated from, I spent my junior year of college in Florence through Gonzaga University, my masters is from Whitworth University, my librarianship is from U of W (again), and I am currently enrolled as a student with the London College of Style.
15. My first outfit purchase was when I was 10 years old. I saved and saved for a pair of cobalt blue running type shorts (this silky running kind that opened on the side–just like the ones popular today!) with a cobalt blue and white striped tee. Oh, I felt so cool in that outfit! This first purchase was made at Lamonts! (Those readers on the South Hill of Spokane, Washington might know what I’m talking about!!)
16. Lucky Magazine is my all time favorite mag. I have been reading it since it’s first edition in December of 2000.
17. My life motto (given to me in Choroni from Rusty McCarty) is “If you think you are, you are!”
18. I fell in love with my husband in Italy, yet Kevin is not Italian.
19. I believe all of us Freuens are successful and for happiness in each of us. One of my siblings is a doctor, one is a counselor, one a printmaker and art teacher, another an interior designer and photographer, and I’m an international educator serving as a librarian.
20. I was an average student in school with a GPA of 3.32 in the end I think–something like that.
21. I’ve had seven operations: one extra bone removed from my left ankle, an ACL repair on m left knee, two clean outs on the same knee, one on the right knee, and two C-sections. I know I’ll have at least one more when I decide to have my right hip replaced.
22. My eyes change color according to what I’m wearing: either green or blue, but mostly they’re grey now.
23. I had LASIK eye surgery in El Salvador. I highly recommend doing that to each and everyone of you that needs it!
24. I’m afraid of train tracks.
28. I think being a librarian has got to be the best job in an entire school.
31. I’d say my very first crush was Jimmy Branson. I blew him a kiss in first grade.
32. My name is Ann which means grace which is pretty ironic since I’m a total klutz!
33. From the University of Washington, I majored in English literature with a minor in the Italian language.
34. If I ever ask you to guess between the numbers 1-10, I will always pick 5. (Same goes for 100; I’ll pick 50.)
35. I always touch wood.
36. I never put my bag on the floor–the $$$ goes. This is something I picked up from Katia in El Salvador.
39. It doesn’t seem like it, but I’m actually quite insecure. I often care too much about what others think. I work hard at stopping this.
40. Yes, I like to shop, but I also take out for every time something goes in. Also, I’m super thrifty although I’m trying really hard to go with quality instead.
41. I definitely prefer gold over silver.
42. I hope to have more professions after being a librarian, yet I don’t know what it is yet….maybe fashion blogger/personal stylist!