The last time I wrote about my five hair dos was after I had stopped using shampoo for six months. While that “do” for my hair is still the same, I’ve got a new set of must hair dos now that my hair is short.
1. Wash every day–Whereas before with long hair, I could last for up to four days without washing my hair, now I need to wash it daily. The need isn’t because my hair is dirty. It just works better now when it freshly washed. I just let it air dry naturally, and I’m almost set. (See #3.)
2. Still using just conditioner–I was thinking that with short hair I might need to go back to using shampoo, but I don’t. Washing–the key word is washing–with conditioner is sufficient. My hair looks and feels super clean. It’s full of volume and super soft. I haven’t noticed any reason why I should reintroduce shampoo. Cleaning my hair with just conditioner still works for my hair.
3. Use product–One thing that has changed from having long hair is using product. My waves get pretty out of control without product. (In fact these pics are a hair day without product, and I seriously looked like I had wings!) My favorite product is Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade–probably because that one worked so well the last time I had short hair over 15 years ago. I just ran out, so it’s time to get another jar!
4. Get it cut often–Before with long hair, I got my hair cut twice a year–every six months, if that. Now, with the wings comin’ out big time, I can tell I already need another haircut. Aman is pregnant too, so I better get in quick before her due date. Maybe it’s time to go even shorter!
5. Invest in a hairdryer–I still don’t have a hairdryer, but with short hair I can see that there are going to be benefits to having one. It’s on my shopping list. I think I’ll be able to attempt more styles with a hair dryer, and I especially might need one for my next cut.