In April I took heed of my Insta famous friend @SheelaGoh and did whatever she told me to do in order to hopefully grow my Instagram account. First, she instructed me to clean up my feed–meaning keep it to style and anything nonstyle related get rid of it. This was a mammoth job as used to have over 3800 images! First, I downloaded them all so I do have a backup, and I started a family account where I have started to grow past family moments @TheKrembsFamily. Then, she had me evaluate who I follow and try to be discerning in this area. Finally, Sheela instructed me to start engaging by commenting on other people. This last bit is the hardest part to keep up with as obviously life tends to happen! At any rate, I’ll do whatever she tells me as I witness her following continue to grow. I’d like the same to happen for me! Oh, the last thing she mentioned was to continue with color. She advised that my community like that. What do you think?
1. This was my most popular picture. I do love blue! And the off-the-shoulder trend really works for my sloping collarbone! (The post from this pic will be coming to the blog soon….)
2. This pic was from our Spring Break vacation. I love it when I get a family picture in, and this one is a good one!
3. I had a Marilyn Monroe moment is the Little Red Dress that was meant to be!
4. In May, I made a serious attempt at getting back to DIY posts–even asking you my readers if you like them and want me to keep them up. The answer was YES! These were a pair of black heels that I turned to a Miu Miu ribbon heel style.
5. With Coachella hitting all the feeds of ever social network, I got inspired to embellish one of my bandana scarves.
6. I patched my denim shirt–every time I walked into Zara I was like, I can do this to that old denim shirt of mine!
7. On Instagram I receive such style inspiration, and in turn I become a bit of a copy catter! This colorful, crocheted tunic was spotted on Carmen Gimeno, and I had to have it. Luckily, I had a gift certificate from my dear friend Maureen that she gave me back in February for my birthday, so I was able to get it from Zara!
8. Another colorful, 50s inspired pic came from this post taken at our little hotel in Hua Hin. Sometimes with me, outfits are made just to match the wall!
9. This is probably my favorite pic from this past month. My good friend Weda (@theshortestfuse) took it for me. She’s been my Insta buddy since we started on Instagram together back in 2010 while living and working together in Beijing. We have many a selfie taken together for every time she came in to the library.
Are you on Instagram? It truly is my favorite social media platform. Let’s follow each other! You can find me here: @krembdelakremb