It may look like a mess, but there is some order here: only black and white for this weekend work/resort trip.
For my last trip, which happened to be work related, I chose a theme: flowy, culotte pants. Again, I am on a work related trip, and I “resort”-ed my packing to a theme. However for this trip to Kota Kinabalu for a teachers’ conference, I chose a color theme. My entire suitcase is filled with black and white items. To keep things simple and easy to coordinate, I chose a color code which will make getting dressed for the multiple activities easy. There will be workshops right alongside pool time. There are a few cocktail parties and perhaps some touring if time allows. Basically, I’ll need to get dressed for a variety of purposes.
This list might seem like a lot of items, but I was checking in a bag, so I didn’t mind packing a full suitcase. Plus all the options allow for mixing and matching possibilities.
- 1 pair black and white, high-waisted trousers
- 2 cropped tops, one black and one white with black stripes
- 1 white blazer vest
- 1 black blazer
- 1 black mini skirt
- 2 pairs jean shorts–in white and black
- 1 black one piece
- 1 black bikini
- 1 white kurta
- 1 black and white cover-up
- 1 black and white cover up
- 2 sundresses, one in white and one in black
- 1 black and white cocktail dress
- 1 black jumpsuit
- 4 pairs black shoes–flip flops, slip-ons, sandals, strappy heels
- workout gear and pajamas (that don’t match the color code)
- silver jewellery
- bright red and pink lipstick
Stay Tuned for the Style Story
This week’s style story will be posted on Monday after I have worn many of the items mentioned above. I’ll give you a sampling of how packing with a color theme actually works.