Here’s the recipe to the lovely whole wheat bread I’ve been making lately:
- First mix 1 1/2 cups warm water with a packet of yeast and 1/3 cup honey. Stir and let sit for 2o minutes.
- Then add the following to the yeast mixture and stir until the dough forms: 2 tbsps olive oil, 1/2 tbsp salt, 2 cups whole wheat flour, and 2 1/2 more cups of a mixture of something really hearty like whole wheat flakes, cracked wheat, flax flour–anything really hearty and healhty.
- Knead this bread.
- Place in an olive oiled pan.
- Throw a towel over it, put it somewhere warm, and let it rise for an hour.
- Punch it down and knead it a bit only to let it rise one more time–about another hour.
- Punch it down one more time and knead it a bit.
- Form the loaf’s shape and bake it in the oven for 40 minutes at 375 (190).